Last year brought many vital issues out into the open. Storms such as Hurricane Sandy for example heightened awareness of climate change. What might we see develop in 2013?
- Sarah Von Gelder, Yes Magazine;
Then we spend the rest of the hour discussing a disturbing trend of increasing numbers of school children being conditioned for the criminal justice system, often referred to, as the school to prison-pipeline. What might it mean for society? And how should this situation be addressed?
- Dr. Kim Socha, Regional Dir., Save the Kids;
- Jon Vang , mentor , community activist.
- Prof. Anthony Nocella, Dispute resolution, Hamline Univ;
- Daniel Losen, Dir., of the Center for Civil Rights Remedies, UCLA;
- Prof. Damien Schnyder, African studies, Scripps College