First, our monthly series with Scientific American, Scholars Circle Scientific (SCSC), with highlights in science. We discuss Cancer Research News and new discoveries about our universe. [ dur: 14 mins. ]
- Fred Guterl, is Executive Editor, Scientific American;
Then, we revisit the American Revolution through the story of the loyalists – those loyal to Great Britain. [ dur: 18 mins. ]
- Maya Jasanoff, is Professor of History at Harvard University. She is author of Liberty’s Exiles: American Loyalists and the Revolutionary War.
Finally with Scholars’ Circle Panel we discuss history of Constitutional Amendments to US Constitution. [ dur: 25 mins. ]
- John R. Vile is Dean and Professor of Political Science at Middle Tennessee State University. He is the author of, The Writing and Ratification of the U.S. Constitution: Practical Virtue in Action, Encyclopedia of Constitutional Amendments, Proposed Amendments, and Amending Issues, 1789-1995, and soon to be released ReFramers: 170 Eccentric, Visionary, and Patriotic Proposals to Rewrite the U.S. Constitution.
- Stephen M. Griffin is Professor in Constitutional Law at Tulane Law School. He is the author of, Long Wars and the Constitution and American Constitutionalism: From Theory to Politics.
- Sanford Levinson is Professor in the Department of Government and Chair in Law at the University of Texas Law School. His numerous publications include, Constitutional Faith, Our Undemocratic Constitution: Where the Constitution Goes Wrong (and How We the People Can Correct It) and, most recently,Framed: America’s 51 Constitutions and the Crisis of Governance.
Your purchase from our store supports our work!
Visit our Store [ lists books written by each on this panel ]